Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 41 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 pm
Latest topics
» Why no AET/boot of 1?
Yesterday at 11:35 pm by Plops

» Map Editor Missing Tiles
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:00 am by WalkerBoh

» No forgiveness lol
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 am by Xmo5

» Automated Z-Games
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am by WalkerBoh

» Sami: the Art of Stealth
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm by Everdan

» GL Game Report: Everdan vs mxdcyw2000
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm by sulla

» anyone still about
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:06 pm by WalkerBoh

» Bug and Glitch List
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 am by WalkerBoh

» Tank on a mountain
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:55 pm by WalkerBoh

Top posting users this month
Plops
 
WalkerBoh
 


Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Best Sakuya NA on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So.  To clear up a bit of possible confusion right off the bat:

Best Sakuya NA = Mori (Mori2, etc)

I don't use the same handle in all places, which sucks.  Probably should have planned that one out 10 years ago, whoops.  Anyways.  

-----

A lot of people are probably wondering why the forums are down.  Or why the map committee has like 4 active members on a good day.  So here's what I know, from my limited knowledge as head of Map Committee.  


  • I can't fix the forums, that's something that is out of my power to mess with, and out of my expertise to know how to fix it even if I did have access.
     
  • I can't reliably add new members to MC without a bit of coordination and communication from other AWBW users, but that one is doable.  So we got that rolling somewhat if people are interested.  I won't add anyone who isn't willing to dedicate a ton of time to AWBW, and has the knowledge and experience to actually help the MC.  So chances are slim that I will add anyone new, but there is always potential if people show the willingness to work and contribute to the mapping end of AWBW, and also are not jerks.  

  • I can edit the Global League maps, and map categories/rankings in general.  I'll keep updating the rotation based on what I see is popular in games, primarily high level games but rest assured I do actually take the time to look through as many active and finished League games as possible (Sidenote, that's the kind of dedication I would expect if I would add you to MC).  So that is still working just fine.  

  • I can still start public Z Games, or M Games, whatever you would want to call them.  I've just been very busy with life recently.  That's a poor excuse though, so I will try to get them rolling as soon as I can this week and stay on top of starting games and generating them regularly.  If anyone else on the MC wants to help with that, please message me, you all have like 2 or 3 different ways to contact me at least, haha.

  • I can edit anything on this website, for what that is worth.  I am the current admin of this url, so I can ban people, add forums, all that stuff.  Vilearbiter, Pfhantom, and Napoleon can moderate a few things as well.  


So dark times for AWBW in general.  But the game still works, and there's still content creators and we still want you guys to be able to go to AWBW and have fun.  That's generally the objective.  If you have any suggestions on what direction I should take in assisting in that, I'll listen to them here.  Otherwise, I'm just going to keep on doing what I've been doing, just like other Map Committee members did before me.  

-Mori Arakune

avatar
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 979
Reputation Reputation : 101
Join date : 2009-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Between 'Here be Dragons' and the edge of the map

http://www.takeyourturn.net

Back to top Go down


Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:52 pm

You broke your word.

I am going to do denial of services attacks and get 4 chan to raid you guys!

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:07 pm

sulla wrote:You broke your word.

I am going to do denial of services attacks and get 4 chan to raid you guys!
Yeah, good luck with that, mate.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I don't need luck. I got mad hacking skills bro.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 pm

sulla wrote:I don't need luck. I got mad hacking skills bro.
Considering this site is still here, I'd question that statement.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Best Sakuya NA on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:41 am



Oh man, I take a break from life for a few weeks and I miss all the fun.  My face when internet threats featured above. In other news, I'm back yay.  I'm going to make a CWT Forum account this week and say and do some stuff.  I plan on doing more stuff in general on the internet.  We'll see how long I last this time before I inevitably get deathly sick again.
avatar
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 979
Reputation Reputation : 101
Join date : 2009-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Between 'Here be Dragons' and the edge of the map

http://www.takeyourturn.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Nyvelion on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 pm

So many good people have already left AWBW, many my friends... but sulla of all people sticks around?
What did we do to deserve this? It's not fair.
avatar
Nyvelion
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 69
Reputation Reputation : 93
Join date : 2014-03-26
Location : No

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

AWBW doesn't get the people it deserves, it gets the people it needs! lololol

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Site is still up because Best Sakuya NA gave into my blackmail demands.

This place was killed off by the people running it. They where too controlling.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:35 pm

sulla wrote:Site is still up because Best Sakuya NA gave into my blackmail demands.

This place was killed off by the people running it. They where too controlling.
I sincerely doubt that you have anything to do with the state of the site. You strike me as a young male teen who goes back to read his own posts as personal reminders of how smart and witty he is.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:42 am

Yes I am young male teen! I am hawt!

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:34 am

sulla wrote:Yes I am young male teen! I am hawt!
So what you're confessing to is that your brain is underdeveloped and you do you best thinking with your nether regions? Explains a lot.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:41 am

No I am confessing the fact I am hawt young teen.

Not all teens think with their nether regions, you do realise there are plenty smart teens out there.

I sense misandry from you, dehumanizing young males.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:42 am

sulla wrote:Not all teens think with their nether regions, you do realise there are plenty smart teens out there.
Of whom you are clearly not one.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:51 am

You are a passive aggressive idiot who takes troll bait. I mean you shouldn't go around calling other people stupid.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

sulla wrote:You are a passive aggressive idiot who takes troll bait. I mean you shouldn't go around calling other people stupid.
You have a strange perception of who is trolling whom.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Xmo5 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 am

sulla wrote:Not all teens think with their nether regions, you do realise there are plenty smart teens out there.

I'd just like to point out that being smart doesn't necessarily disprove the point that male teens tend to think with their nether regions. Intelligence doesn't imply that the person in question chooses to apply themselves effectively, nor that they hold willpower over other factors that might sway their decision making process.

I know smart people who ended up working in retail because they didn't want to learn. I also know average people who applied themselves and ended up quite successful in technical fields. The moral of the story here is you can't say things like "Apples grow on trees. Therefore if you plant an orange you won't grow a tulip. QED." and expect anyone to value your point.

sulla wrote: You are a passive aggressive idiot who takes troll bait.

If you don't feed the trolls, how else could you ensure that you have a constant supply of individuals coming back to remind you that there's at least someone out there who makes you look good. I personally find these conversations highly amusing because it gives me an excuse to feel smugly superior.  Twisted Evil

_________________
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
avatar
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 415
Reputation Reputation : 105
Join date : 2014-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Wherever I happen to be

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Female teens sleep around more than male ones, so why shame males for that? The average man has more self control than the anverage female.

Xmo5 I came here to watch a former great site die a slow death.

Mara, you took the troll bait you lost.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Xmo5 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm interested to see the scientific research and documentation behind that claim. See, up until now there was no gender discrimination; we just commented on the fact that, falling into the classification that you do, it is likely that you do less thinking with your brain than you do with certain other parts of your anatomy. At no point did we make the comparison between males and females, nor is it relevant in this discussion. I think more relevant would be statistics based on age, as that was the primary focus of the original insult.

I'm going to assume by your lack of rebuttal, with the exception of an attempt to deflect the prior claims against you to another demographic via a thus far unsupported statement, that you have no valid counterargument and therefore willingly submit to my superiority. I kindly thank you.

_________________
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
avatar
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 415
Reputation Reputation : 105
Join date : 2014-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Wherever I happen to be

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MorganLeah on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 pm

sulla wrote:Female teens sleep around more than male ones

Oooooh, exciting, let's investigate this with the wonders of math!

First, for simplicity, let's only consider traditional "males" and "females", and also just pairings, and also just teens. It's a safe assumption that anything falling out of these bounds is sufficiently uncommon that they are not going to affect the overall conclusions.

So, with that, we have a claim that:
(freqeuncy that female teen has sex) > (frequency that male teen has sex)

Thanks to our simplifying cases we can break that down into:
[(frequency that female teen has sex with male teen)+(frequency that female teen has sex with female teen)] > [(frequency that male teen has sex female teen)+(frequency that male teen has sex with male teen)]

Obviously, female-male and male-female as going to be equal in number and can thus be subtracted out, leaving us with:

(frequency that female teen has sex with female teen) > (frequency that male teen has sex with male teen)

Aaaaaaand, I'm going to say..... I doubt this. I doubt this very heavily.

MorganLeah
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 51
Reputation Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-01-09
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 pm

sulla wrote:Female teens sleep around more than male ones, so why shame males for that? The average man has more self control than the anverage female.
Ah, the old "abstinence and monogamy are virtues" argument. Please prove that they are.
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Lets consider maths without even considering the sexual market place.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Women have more sex because they can get it more easy than men. Women go for the top 20% of men, a wider range of women are sleeping around more with a narrower range of men.

Teen females don't just sleep with teen males, they often go for older guys too, they would be attracted to the guys status.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 pm

sulla wrote:Lets consider maths without even considering the sexual market place.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Women have more sex because they can get it more easy than men. Women go for the top 20% of men, a wider range of women are sleeping around more with a narrower range of men.

Teen females don't just sleep with teen males, they often go for older guys too, they would be attracted to the guys status.
And this is a bad thing because...?
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 pm

MaraSargon wrote:
sulla wrote:Female teens sleep around more than male ones, so why shame males for that? The average man has more self control than the anverage female.
Ah, the old "abstinence and monogamy are virtues" argument. Please prove that they are.

I wasn't arguing that at all. What is considered a virtue is completely subjective.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 pm

sulla wrote:
MaraSargon wrote:
sulla wrote:Female teens sleep around more than male ones, so why shame males for that? The average man has more self control than the anverage female.
Ah, the old "abstinence and monogamy are virtues" argument. Please prove that they are.

I wasn't arguing that at all. What is considered a virtue is completely subjective.
Then why bring it up?
avatar
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80
Join date : 2014-01-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:05 pm

You are the ones calling teenage boys horny and stupid.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63
Join date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum