I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 pm
Latest topics
» Why no AET/boot of 1?
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 pm by Plops

» Map Editor Missing Tiles
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:00 am by WalkerBoh

» No forgiveness lol
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 am by Xmo5

» Automated Z-Games
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am by WalkerBoh

» Sami: the Art of Stealth
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm by Everdan

» GL Game Report: Everdan vs mxdcyw2000
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm by sulla

» anyone still about
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:06 pm by WalkerBoh

» Bug and Glitch List
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 am by WalkerBoh

» Tank on a mountain
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:55 pm by WalkerBoh

Top posting users this month
Plops

WalkerBoh

ANT13 handles Javier superbly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ANT13 handles Javier superbly

Post  Blanci on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:10 am

This game both CO s Javier v Javier

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=216722

ant13 plays really impressive tactically and perfect timing with COP useage
 A fine lesson for anyone who wants to learn about javier !

I thought strategically i had a slight advantage (though seems drawish) but i totally overestimated my strength in centre and underestimated counter attack.
I needed to defend the centre rather than push and ..using resources to defend the west wing better. Though i never normally play for a draw as my stats show!

I was taken by surprise twice by strength of counterattack in centre. Really next time i gotta do better calculation there and put up better barricade against javier.
This was only my second high level game ever seeing javier !!  and all my experiencess with other COs misled me completely! I usually dont calculate much for the defensive line as usually an infantry stands up against all barring AntiAir, but against javier, ones infantrys seem to dissolve away.  Actually i am still rather shocked and need to go over some details with the damage calculator to check.

Good lesson . Calculate carefully or barricade with tanks my friends.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: ANT13 handles Javier superbly

Post  Blanci on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Another Interesting Battle Finish....
amazing jake scops day 13-14-15
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=216759&ndx=23

ps for some strange reason i cant post new topic so i put it here

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Meta Rexy on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:13 pm

You pretty much left your copters for dead - putting them all in the AA's range and letting it pick them off one by one... If you held onto them you may have been able to break the tanks in his front row.
He used his tanks to shield his other units and prevent you from getting 2hks on his meatshields, which is something I usually don't have the guts to do...
Also, your mechs took too long to reach the front. That was likely another key factor in his ability to punch through your defenses without suffering heavy losses in return. While Ant was tank spamming, you were mech spamming, and he used the tanks' mobility to full advantage here.
By extension, your increased reliance on infantry as meatshields and artillery to deal damage is less powerful vs Javier. Even if you're Javier yourself, he still only takes 80% damage from them. It's great to soften up units before you destroy them with your own, but in this war of attrition, Ant had too many tanks for you to fire at, each with the ability to cripple your invaluable artillery.

I got trounced by Ant before - he's pretty good at balancing his offense (not relying too much on one type of unit, though his tanks are often the most effective with their 6 movement and the fact that you can't OHK them with anything but heavy tanks...)
Cool games though. Smile

Meta Rexy
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 2
Reputation Reputation : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanci on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:12 am

Its unfortunate theres no record now of the game.
I supose i should invest time to get one of those apps to help save games.

The first copters i gave up were calculated as i was taking down infantry and also taking out the offending AntiAir with artillery (taking out an AA plus an infantry is worth much more than a copter as potentially it gives a two unit advantage!). The copter usage could have been ok if my defensive line had held.
Also if the line had held my mechs would have had time to really show their value for money. They were interdependent stategies.
There was a point where i regained my city after Ant overextended and it looked as if i had advantage but i pushed too much instead of consolidating and patiently waiting for the mechs to arrive. Actually at that point it looked like a draw was easily available .

Basically I think I lost it as I didnt understand javier as well as Ant (or didnt calculate enough). I think with other CO my defense lines wouldnt have disolved so easily. At least thats my feeling going on previous experience.
So im kind of warning people about dangers of Javier and Ant ! (seperately as well as together)

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top