I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 pm
Latest topics
» Tank on a mountain
Today at 1:48 pm by jobrown5vt

» Global League First Time Question
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:19 am by Xmo5

» Bug in League Game
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 am by Xmo5

» GL Game Report: Everdan vs mxdcyw2000
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:18 am by Kais93

» Bug and Glitch List
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 am by WalkerBoh

» The ever iconic Bean Island - what goes wrong
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:32 am by Master Knight DH

» Turn Review from Hellraider
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 pm by WalkerBoh

» August 2017 Global League Update
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:42 am by Best Sakuya NA

» Design Maps That Use Ghost Ports
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:31 pm by Xmo5

What's your playstyle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's your playstyle?

Post  Meta Rexy on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Are you a primarily offensive player? Defensive? Do you like playing the waiting game with infantry and artillery? Or do you rush up forwards with tanks and copters?
Do you play a war of attrition and try to wear your enemy's strongest units first? Or do you

I myself seem to play offensively, but not too aggressively. Whenever possible, I don't mind exchanging units as long as I deal more damage in the end by attacking first. I prefer to reduce my opponent's options by weakening their units, even at the cost of my own, rather than camping with artillery and waiting for one massive attack.
Those types of games really try my patience, and I feel that it gets increasingly harder to put up a defensive wall with the spectre of SCOPs and concentrated assaults looming over a match. It also shows in my results. I tend to lose to people who play more defensively and are able to counter attack and destroy more of my units while theirs retreat to heal up... It's not a bad strategy, and I could probably do better if I was better at recognizing when to strike and when to conserve my units to avoid being overrun later, but I digress.

What's your playstyle? Razz

Meta Rexy
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 2
Reputation Reputation : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: What's your playstyle?

Post  Blanci on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 am

normally  I try to find an overall strategy and within reason then push to limit...
though the description of the limit is very variable depending on map and CO s etc.

... it is probably the best, though risky. Also because its more fun and also can learn more by pushing boundaries and even in loss you get something positive out.

I think i am afflicted with a style from using Rachel and Fog almost exclusively in my first 100 games or so at AWBW .... which were very dramatic. I didnt care about CO tiers i was happy with rachel ...and had a few problems against the brokens.. then started reading forum..

There are other issues like how quickly one rushes forward to capture frontline properties and balancing this against grabbing near properties for early income and also early vehicle purchase which seem to set the stage for the kind of battle that ensues. Sometimes i feel my playstyle (if i have one) often doesnt get used as my decisions are frequently almost forced reactions to my opponent´s plays.

interesting topic...
though i dont expect everyone to reveal all their secrets straight away !

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:24 pm

I'll echo Blanci in that this is certainly an interesting topic, but many people may not want to reveal too much. Either way, I'll throw my two cents in for the sake of conversation.

I'm probably a more defensive/reactive player overall. I think this is a bit of a reflection on how I like to live my life in general and you can see it in most games I play. In real life, I don't like to be too risky when things matter; I want to have things in order with safe fall-backs if necessary. I think I just have a great enough aversion to the consequences of taking risks that that I don't often see the value in high-risk, high-reward opportunities.

Likewise, when I play games like AW, I'll have some fun during the capture phase, but I prefer to delay engaging the enemy full-on during the mid-game when there are higher stakes. I'd prefer to slowly advance an impenetrable force than I would to hit hard, fast, and relentlessly. You can see that from my stats because I rarely pick direct and offensive COs like Max or Grimm- it just doesn't work in my brain. On the flip side, I can be a very spontaneous person at times and I'll play aggressively or make occasional bold moves when it strikes my fancy. I'll also try to adapt/react to what the opponent is doing so if/when I realize my default isn't working and I'm out of my comfort zone all bets are off.

Then again, I could have made all this up so I have a chance of winning if I play against Blanci Wink

Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 410
Reputation Reputation : 104

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top