I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 pm
Latest topics
» Whaddup
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 am by ichbinsehselber

» Who's still here? :Roll Call:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:36 am by Xmo5

» AWBW Discord Server
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:59 pm by ichbinsehselber

» Map Category Descriptions
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:54 am by WalkerBoh

» Sonja SCOP
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 am by Xmo5

» Map Editor and Move Planner and User Search at ruinedshadows.com
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 am by WalkerBoh

» AWBW Replay Saver
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:33 am by ruinedshadows

» AWBW Game Replay Saver
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:32 am by ruinedshadows

» High Funds Maps & FTA Review
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:30 am by WalkerBoh

Top posting users this month
ichbinsehselber

Annapocalypse

Xmo5

My Map [Pika Rizard]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Map [Pika Rizard]

Post  Pika Rizard on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 am

This is the first time I use this forum (I just registered 2 mins ago). In this topic I want to post my maps. Please give some words so that my maps can be better & I have more experience in making maps.

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 24
Funds Funds : 956
Reputation Reputation : 1

Back to top Go down

1st map: "Infantry Assault!!"

Post  Pika Rizard on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:12 am

I created this map along time ago (maybe the year 2013), it's called "Infantry Assault!!"
http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=62645
(I don't know how to download a picture of a map & to upload picture to this forum)
The OS armies attack & OS can use SCOP (or COP), there are many COs we can use:
_Nell: I really like to use this CO. With her luck, 1 infantry can destroy 1 Mega Tank in 1 hit (in SCOP).
_Sami: I want to use this CO in Tag Team (with Nell), when using SCOP, soldiers can capture bases in 1 day.
_Colin: The OS has just about 10000/day so it's not really good.
_Javier: you can use this CO because there are 4 Com Towers & YC has many indirect units, but I don't know how to capture those Towers.
_Drake: his COP can reduce the fuel the YC troops have, and those Bombers, Battleships & Subs will run out of fuel and explode.
YC also has many strategies to use: destroy all soldiers which are capturing properties, always use tanks & Copters to destroy those soldiers, or even delete the 4 AA (piperunner) in the center to deploy Air (Land) Unit... YC should use Kanbei or Javier or Hawke or Andy...(so many)

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Re: My Map [Pika Rizard]

Post  Xmo5 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'll address the map you've linked since you discussed it in some detail. First, luck or not, in order to charge Nell's SCOP, which doesn't have a particularly long meter, OS would have to lose between 1/3 and 1/2 of their units first. YC, on the other hand, does have the opportunity to kill or injure right around that many units on the first day, not including what black bombs can do. So basically, you can expect Nell to have her SCOP on Day 2, but that's not a good thing considering she's down to almost 50% capacity and her opponent has the occasional 8-9HP unit at worst. At her best, Nell could do a lot of damage, but the problem is that she will have a single shot at doing so. Once her shot is over, there will be a lot of leftover units (anywhere from full health to crippled) that can lash out with a serious counterattack. Units like bombers and battleships are immune so they can bomb away with no counterattack and others will do enough base damage that the infantry will be at least heavily damaged, making the counterattack too weak to be of concern. Nell will never have the ability to charge another SCOP because she just can't do/take enough damage to charge her meter again. At this point YC can just round up whatever's left, launch their own SCOP (of which even the weakest would be devastating), and obliterate OS. Note that the battleships/bombers etc. will not run out of fuel before OS loses unless there are extremely rare circumstances. This makes it impossible for OS to win because they can't even attack those units, let alone damage them. (Also, they'll never capture or be able to use their bases if YC doesn't want them to so that doesn't count.)

Sami can capture towers/bases in 1 turn (very important here) but otherwise she will be far too weak to do any damage at all. Colin and Javier don't have the ability to take advantage of the powers that make them broken. Drake has a good twist because he can actually destroy the subs/battleships/bombers, but he probably can't COP enough to succeed if his opponent is smart about it.

Ultimately, this is basically a map designed for OS to fail, but first requires players to move an enormous amount of units and then results in YC chasing OS around the map until they finally kill them (which is how your game is going, I see).

Tips for improving: Don't make a map with a lot of predeployed units like that because 90% of players will get fed up moving them. Also, maps where battles are very quickly decided but where the game can drag on much longer are not particularly enjoyable for most people. Generally speaking, it's best to design maps where both (or all) players have an equal chance of winning. I'm not sure if you've read it already, but I highly recommend reading Fugue's Map Making Guide because it has a lot of great general information for how to make fun and balanced maps. Smacky's Aesthetics Guide is good too. (Between you and me (and whoever else reads this) I'm working on updated versions of these guides which I can hopefully release within the next couple weeks)

Sorry if I come off as critical, but if you want to improve as you say you do, criticism is important. Hopefully you have a better idea of why this map will be problematic to play on and you can use the feedback I've given you to improve on future maps. Best of luck!! Smile

Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 389
Funds Funds : 1826
Reputation Reputation : 100

Back to top Go down

RE map #1

Post  Pika Rizard on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:11 am

1. Because OS go first so OS can use infantries to attack the tanks (and being destroyed) and raise the COP meter. And then OS can use SCOP in the same day (Day 1) and destroy all the tanks (with Nell) or capture bases (with Sami) - all in Day 1. Here are 2 battles I make to test this map:
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=221185
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=221243 (he resigned in day 1)
Wait, why I can't access to awbw.amarriner.com ? Do you have the same problem ?
And I just click on your post and it changes its color to turquoise (I just click on "Thanks" or something like that.) ? Is there any tutorial or FAQ here ? Can you please show me that FAQ, if this forum has something like that...

(I just read that FAQ but I don't know how to change your post back to its original color.)

Last edited by Pika Rizard on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Re: Map #1

Post  Pika Rizard on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

And in 2013, when I made this map, I just considered this map as some kind of art, not for war.
But just a few weeks ago, when I saw this map again, I just thought if OS could defeat YC by using a large number of infantries, then I thought about SCOP, so I wanted to test this map...

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 am

Woops, I accidentally delete my reply before I was done. Lets try again haha

Pika Rizard wrote:1. Because OS go first so OS can use infantries to attack the tanks (and being destroyed) and raise the COP meter. And then OS can use SCOP in the same day (Day 1) and destroy all the tanks (with Nell) or capture bases (with Sami) - all in Day 1.

Yeah, but that doesn't exactly constitute fairness. YC still has much more at their disposal and can take advantage of their own CO powers too. The odds are pretty much stacked against OS any way you slice it.

Pika Rizard wrote:Wait, why I can't access to awbw.amarriner.com ? Do you have the same problem ?

It's been giving me problems since yesterday afternoon and it looks like we're not the only ones experiencing the issue. My guess is the site's having a hiccup and it'll be back up and running before long. We've had this happen a few times in the recent past.

Pika Rizard wrote:And I just click on your post and it changes its color to turquoise (I just click on "Thanks" or something like that.) ? Is there any tutorial or FAQ here ? Can you please show me that FAQ, if this forum has something like that...

(I just read that FAQ but I don't know how to change your post back to its original color.)

Whoa, not sure how that happened. Did you accidentally hit the Exclamation button next to "Quote" above my post to report it to a moderator? That's the only thing I can think of- plus I appear to have a negative vote for some reason.

Oh good, looks like you found the FAQ; I was going to link it in my last draft of this reply before it got deleted, but obviously you don't need that link anymore.

Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Map #2

Post  Pika Rizard on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:33 am

This is my second map.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=65872
This is the "3 vs 1" map, I am testing it (1st game I am OS, 2nd I am YC). I think OS is too strong. In just about 8 days, OS will capture all the city at the left side of the map. Do you have any idea to improve this. Here are the 2 games:
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=220779
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=221130

And another question: how can I download the image of the map from AWBW, except by using Print Screen ? (I'm not really good at cutting & cropping)

Last edited by Pika Rizard on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:40 am; edited 3 times in total

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Pika Rizard on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:26 am

Can I ask another question? Can I create another account by using my old e-mail ? I have made 29 maps.

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:11 pm

You can certainly make another account if you're nearing your map limit. First I'd recommend going through your maps and deciding if there are any you could delete, but if you want all of them, just make another account. Plenty of people have done this, including every single active member of the map committee.

Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Map #2

Post  Pika Rizard on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

Can anyone give some idea about this map, map #2 ?

Pika Rizard
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Re: Map #2

Post  Pika Rizard on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 am

I change this map to reduce the power of OS

Can anyone give me some idea ?

Pika Rizard