I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 pm
Latest topics
» Why no AET/boot of 1?
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 pm by Plops

» Map Editor Missing Tiles
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:00 am by WalkerBoh

» No forgiveness lol
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 am by Xmo5

» Automated Z-Games
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am by WalkerBoh

» Sami: the Art of Stealth
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm by Everdan

» GL Game Report: Everdan vs mxdcyw2000
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm by sulla

» anyone still about
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:06 pm by WalkerBoh

» Bug and Glitch List
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 am by WalkerBoh

» Tank on a mountain
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:55 pm by WalkerBoh

Top posting users this month
Plops

WalkerBoh

Why no AET/boot of 1?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why no AET/boot of 1?

Post  Plops on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am

I'm confused as to why there is no boot/AET options of 1 day. It really bothers me that people join my games and then wait 3 days to take a turn just because they can. A lot of people use it as a form of protest. When they start to lose they act like babies and stall the game instead of just resigning. Either that or they just lose interest and don't think about the other players. For those of us who like epic, massively multiplayer, large scale maps it would be a huge boon to force an AET or boot of 1 because then we could actually complete those games. It would be nice for us to have an easy way to enforce "ACTIVE PLAYERS ONLY!" games. If someone doesn't like a boot or AET of 1 they don't have to join the game.

Plops
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 5
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Why no AET/boot of 1?

Post  WalkerBoh on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 pm

I suspect that the outcome of implementing a boot/AET of 1 is that you would just have a much higher boot rate. This wouldn't help much for huge multiplayer games like what you're talking about.

The better option is a way to restrict who can join your game. Currently you can manually kick players who join your game if you don't think they'll be active. You can also make private games and then organize it through the Discord chat.

I'll think about better alternatives, but I am hesitant about freely allowing users to make games with very low boot limits for now.

WalkerBoh
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 307
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  Plops on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks for listening. I was thinking a boot/AET of 1.5 would work better than 1 since that way a person could take a turn any time the next day and be assured they're turn hasn't passed. Any solution to the current situation would be appreciated. I would LOVE to play on a massive 14 player map and see the end of it before years have passed. I suppose you're right, I could just invite people who I know will continue their game regardless of the situation. However, I don't know the nature of enough players yet and my memory is bad. Even then, in a 14 player game there is bound to be a couple people who forget about the game due to life situations. A large game is more based on circumstance than skill anyway so a person being booted in that situation doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Right now I'm playing on an eight player Europe map and it's probably been my favorite AWBW game ever. We're down to five players and it takes two of the players many days to take their turn. The game's been intentionally stalled to a snails pace for some reason I can't figure. This has happened in many games I've played. I can send a message politely asking people if they would kindly finish they're turn but such a message sent more than once would likely stall the game even more. It's not fair to the fair players.

Plops
Infantry
Infantry

Back to top Go down

Post  Plops on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm

By the way, is your name Jeffery Walker by any chance?

Plops
Infantry
Infantry

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkerBoh on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:19 am

Yeah, I can understand your frustration. I'm just not sure adjusting allowable boot limits is the solution that would really address the root issue. I'll keep problems like this in mind though as I plan future improvements to the site - I think it's problematic that one of AWBW's biggest unique features (ability to play large multiplayer games) is hindered significantly by issues that make those games almost unplayable in practice.

Also no, Walker Boh is a character in a fictional book series that I enjoyed when I was younger. It has no relevance to my actual name. Smile

WalkerBoh
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 307
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  Plops on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Thanks for the game. I think it's great you brought AW to the web.

Plops
Infantry
Infantry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top